Months ago now, I was nominated for the WordPress Family Award – I just never got around to doing anything about it. This award celebrates the bloggers who create that WordPress community and make you feel cared for. So, a massive thank you to Valourborn for the nomination! I never expected to get any awards for my blog, so to get one which says I’ve made someone feel cared for is just phenomenal, really. I’m truly touched. It’s an indescribable feeling to know that you’ve connected with someone in such a way that you make an impact on them and they make an impact on you in return. So what if on WordPress we are all strangers? So what if we don’t really know each other? The emotions we make one another feel via our blogs are as real as ever, and as true as ever, and that’s what matters. Thank you ever so much, Valourborn! And thank you ever so much to all those who read my posts which are horribly lengthy at times (sorry about that!) and all those who like my posts and comment on them. After a hard day, or a hard period of time, I know the WordPress community will put a smile on my face!
These are the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
- Let your 10 Family Members know you’ve awarded them.
Now, when I first read about this award, I presumed it was for a more direct and personal connection between bloggers, but then I thought about it: the WordPress family – the WordPress community – is about more than just direct connections. It’s about unity and coming together. It’s about the wider connections that bring us all together, if you ask me. And, with that in mind, these are my nominations:
- wonderstruck17 – Firstly, I am an actual moron. Why? Allow me to explain. This was one of the first bloggers I thought to nominate as I had a great initial connection with her, but when it came to finding this blog, I couldn’t. I was thinking, Why can I not find this blog?! I could not find this blog because I had forgotten to follow it. After all this time! And I didn’t even realise, which is possibly the worst thing about it. I did not think it was possible to be so moronic. So, wonderstruck17: please accept my most humble apologies! Anyway, this blogger writes, and I connect with quite a lot of it on a rather personal level. Such is the glory of writing.
- Charlotte Hoather – This blogger brings people together with her beautiful voice, with the wonder that is music. Everybody connects with music, don’t they?
- Shannon A Thompson – This blogger is an author, and we all know how powerful the written word is for bringing people together – especially given that we all use the written word on our blogs! She connects with people via her novels, her writing, her tips etc.
- The Top 10 of Anything and Everything – The name gives it away, right? This blogger connects with everyone through anything and everything! And because it’s about anything and everything, imagine all the different people there. What a community 🙂
- Kindness Blog – I haven’t been following this blog for long, but instantly I could see how wonderful it is. It brings the WordPress community together in the most hopeful and uplifting way: through the kindness of humanity!
- Proverbs Way – Again, I haven’t been following this blog for long, but it is so inspiring and heartfelt. This blogger’s aim is (and I quote): ‘to spread love and kindness, offer encouragement and inspiration, make you think, help you grow, and celebrate every-single-one of God’s precious children.’ Well, there’s nothing quite like the Christian family and community 🙂
- The Commonsense Philosopher – This blogger connects with his readers on a very deep level, and even helps us connect with ourselves and our lives. Sometimes, I think we forget how important it is to take a step back and think about what really matters and remember who we really are.
- Sparkly Arthur – This blogger connects with the inner child in us all. Isn’t that a most magical thing? 🙂 And she is motivated by the very thing this award is all about: family.
- Books, Tea & Me – This blogger has created a place where book-lovers can congregate. She brings people together with their love for books and reading!
- The Eye-Dancers – This blogger is also an author. He writes such wonderful posts that always make me think or smile or be inspired or give me a burst of hope. And I am most certainly not the only person who connects with them!
I know for a fact that a few of these blogs have already been nominated for this award, but you can never spread too much love, and it’s always nice to be nominated again and know you’re in someone’s thoughts!
Thanks to everyone in this fabulous community that is WordPress. What a family we are! 😀