I started this blog in January 2013 – so, just shy of a year. Honestly, I’m still not entirely sure why I started to do this blog, but no matter. Does it matter? Anyway, in this year I have received four blog awards, which is so unbelievable and so very humbling – I never ever expected to get even one! It’s such a boost to know that there are people enjoying whatever it is I have to say. I can’t say thank you enough!
And I most certainly can’t say thank you enough to Michael at The Eye-Dancers for being the one to nominate me for the Blog of the Year Award 2013. It really means so much, I cannot tell you – especially since all I’ve wanted to do the past several months is hide in a corner and give up on everything. It seems such a nice way to lift my spirits, so much so that maybe I can make the last month of the year my most hopeful one yet. 🙂 Michael is an author, and writes such thought-provoking and inspiring posts! I would seriously recommend checking out his wonderful blog. He has been a regular reader of my blog from very early on, and it means a such great deal!
These are the rules:
1) Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2) Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen- there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3) Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4) Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5) You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear
Share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6) And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars!
With this award, you can collect stars; so, you start with one, and if you get nominated for it again, you can add another one. There are 6 stars in total.
For my nominations, I would like to explain why I am only nominating two (I feel horribly bad for nominating so few :/!) I’m a bit of a hard egg to crack, by which I mean it takes an awful lot for me to say, hand on my heart, that I truly like/love something. So, the blogs I have chosen are the two that never fail to make me smile, be it due to their humour or their message or even just me completely identifying with something. These are also two of the blogs that I’ve been following for the longest, for most of the year, and so I feel that I am in the right position to give them this award.
http://valourborn.wordpress.com/ – I’d like to send my love out to Alex and her blog, Valourborn, and to thank her very much for it. And to thank her for being her, and being there. In a way, I find it hard to believe I came across such friendship via WordPress 🙂
If I could nominate The Eye-Dancers straight back for this award, I would. Well, regardless if it’s allowed or not, I think you should just go ahead and put another star on your blog anyway, Mike! 😉
But I guess that’s it. I would like to say another big thank you for all your blogs 🙂 And thank you for all the support and encouragement. I’ll always be grateful. Please forgive the lack of nominations!